Port question for QoS & MS Teams!

Has anybody successfully managed to build a class/rule for MS Teams? I tried to use port rules (50000-50059, tcp/udp) but i do not really know how to specify the port range within one rule.

Moreover i ran iftop and found out that MS Teams is using other ports as well. Anybody with a solution?

Try to use two.
One for range TCP, one for range UDP.

I did. But how would u specify the rule with each protocol containing 50 Ports?

tcp/udp 50000:50049 (i used colons…correct syntax?)

https://community.ipfire.org/t/microsoft-teams-which-ports/3119/16

does not really help…

is the notation

50000:50059 legit to specify a port range in ipfire qos…

moreover i realized that the imq0 graph does not reflect the transfer rates (shown in the upper right corner of qos page “traffic: in” at all. iftop on imq0 gives me about 3,2Mb with MS Teams running (1:1 connection) but the graph never reaches the 1M mark.

also the ports used by MS Teams do not appear in iftop on imq0 but on green0

something is pretty messed up.

Keep in mind that iftops 3.2Mb(it)/s are only 0.4MB(yte)/s in the graph so that it never reach 1MB/s is correct.

1 Like

Ha! looks like you can’t get an answer to your question. I don’t know enough about QOS to be dangerous but hopefully someone will answer!

I will try to revive the discussion as i have the same problem. Question is : What is the correct way to specify a port range is the Qos. Answer1: Using a dash : 6666-6669 or answer B using colons : 6666:6669 . Maybe both works? Thanks in advance for an answer.

Hi,

both ways work, please refer to the firewall documentation for details. :slight_smile:

Thanks, and best regards,
Peter MĂĽller

2 Likes

I have the same issue. I put in the ports for MS Teams, but the traffic is always classified as “default”. I tried also switching source and destination, but did also not work.

I would be very glad if some know how to prioritize MS Teams traffic :smiley:

Hi. We’ve been playing with this recently and our configuration is as below, which seems to work quite nicely. We can see that Teams call traffic gets captured by the QoS and dealt with appropriately. What we really want now is to be able to do the same over our OpenVPN interfaces as this configuration doesn’t seem to help over VPN (just red0 and lmq0)

Hi Alex,

welcome to the IPFire community. :slight_smile:

I am sorry to say this, but QoS only applies to the RED interface indeed.

Neither being an expert with QoS nor with OpenVPN, I have no idea how much effort would be necessary to implement this. @ummeegge: Do you have an idea on this?

EDIT: I just came across this thread of yours, which exactly covers the same issue. To avoid duplicates, I will close this one - please feel free to continue the conversation in the thread linked.

Thanks, and best regards,
Peter MĂĽller

1 Like