i have spent 2h of my life troubleshooting today and fortunately i was not the only one with this problem.
I have divided my network into 4 segments (RED; GREEN 10.10.1.0; DMZ: 10.10.2.0; BLUE: 10.10.3.0) and in the last weeks and today extremely I could neither ping the IP of the ipFire router nor reach the WebGUI from my computer. All the time I assumed that my computer was crazy but today it was extreme because in the middle of my work (home office) I noticed that I couldn’t reach websites anymore. Also the WebGUI was not reachable and also no SSH to the router.
I was about to set up my ipfire again and almost despaired at this thought.
But then I found like-minded people in the ipFire forum who suspected the new location database and after renaming the file „/var/ipfire/firewall/locationblock_old“ and running firewallctrl I could access my system again. The option Location-Filter now has an internal error when called.
What can I do to make the Location-Filter work again and filter only on the red interface. I have a VM with Nextcloud (DMZ) in operation and therefore only access from Germany should be possible.
Thanks a lot for your help.