Unable to access web interface after core update 150

Hello, I can only ping the IPFIRE machine, no web interface access on port 444, also no internet.

Everything was fine before the update,

Thanks

Hi Gabriel,

I have had same issue. Had to goto site and test to see what issue was.
I added a rule through the console to investigate.

iptables -A CUSTOMINPUT -i green0 -j ACCEPT

This allowed me access to the web interface and though investigation I found turning off location block seemed to resolve the issue.
There must be an issue there somewhere as I had not done any updates to rules before update.

HTH
Joe.

Others seem to have issue too.

See other threads

Joe.

See:

Thanks,

but now how I remove this rule from the system? (iptables -A CUSTOMINPUT -i green0 -j ACCEPT)

regards,
Gabriel

but now how I remove this rule from the system? (iptables -A CUSTOMINPUT -i green0 -j ACCEPT)

The rule should be gone after a reboot. Just make sure to disable Location Block before so that you will not run into the same problem again.

iptables from the CLI worked for all the firewalls I maintain except one, which I had to rebuild + restore backup. Great tip otherwise.

Hi,

to avoid duplicates, I am going to close this tread in favour of No more access to ipfire - Core 150 | Location-Filter.

Please find all relevant information about this issue, the progress we made while solving it, and other aspects in this post in the mentioned thread.

No offense is intended, we just try to keep track of one problem in one thread. Thanks for your understanding. :slight_smile:

Thanks, and best regards,
Peter Müller

2 Likes