Launching Our New Website šŸŽ‰

Hello everyone,

this is a pre-announcement, that this week, we will roll out :drum: our new website! :tada: :partying_face:

In order to do this, we will have to take our current website down, upgrade the web server, upgrade our database cluster that is working in the background and many more thingsā€¦ In short: there will be some downtime this week when the website wonā€™t be available.

Since I am not quite sure how long things will take it is hard to send out a strict timeline, but I will announce any details on here.

What will be affected? Our main website, IPFire People, downloads, our wiki, blog, fireinfo, IPFire Location. What wonā€™t be affected? Our community portal, Bugzilla,
and all non-web-based services like mail, telephony, instant messaging, etc.

All the best,
-Michael

15 Likes

I just started the first database migrationā€¦ hopefully we are back within about an hourā€¦

1 Like

Chapter two is starting nowā€¦ should be back within another hour againā€¦

Aaaaand we are back and the new website is LIVE!

1 Like

Hello!

The site is beautiful, but the twitter icon is old, you will need to update it to a new icon - Xā€¦

Hello,

I just created a bug for thisā€¦ the icon set didnā€™t provide the new icon last time I checkedā€¦ It should be available in a few daysā€¦

2 Likes

Hi!

Like the new look but canā€™t find dark theme for community anymore. Is it gone or have I gone blind from all the white?

2 Likes

Lol: https://community.ipfire.org/t/dark-mode-in-community/10882

Me neither. Me craves dark. But all in good timeā€¦ not as important as other stuff, consider this a friendly reminderā€¦

oh, I see fire

Sorry, I wasnā€™t aware that people were using itā€¦ Itā€™s back now :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Well done, @ms. The new website looks very nice - literally hot!

I know youā€™ve been working hard on it for a while now, and you should be proud of yourself.

Also, the new ā€œIPFire_ā€ logo is cleaner and more modern-looking (RIP Fiery Tux).

Starting 2024 with a bang!

3 Likes

Penguin is still there, but maybe not as site logo?

I donā€™t have enough hands to fix this all within a couple of daysā€¦ It might be that some things will keep the legacy logo for a little bit longerā€¦

Fair enough.
I hope that all the ā€œthis missingā€ will be receipt as ā€œyou forgot this, dude! :-)ā€ more than ā€œyouā€™re slackingā€.
Having different opinions or pinpointing errors/leftofers donā€™t mean ā€œyou suckā€ā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

I didnā€™t understand it as such :slight_smile:

Just fighting so many things simultaneouslyā€¦

Tasklists, checkboxes, water (or tea, or coffee, whatever) and a good pen :slight_smile:

Nice site, but where are the torrent downloads?

We removed torrent downloads from the website as there was very little use of them and the code to handle them in our web app was messy.

We have mirrors pretty much everywhere in the world so that downloads should always be served very quickly using regular HTTPS.

6 Likes

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the update. Couple of ?'s:

1. why is Palemoon browser not supported for community wiki?
  2. just my take: torrent is preferred
  3. For Downloads, HOWTO verify sha256? Now only a bubble pops out? Can a sha256sum or asc be downloaded or is there another method?
  4. Many thanks to the team for all the efforts.