Kernel version 5.15.32 - is wifi6 working on the newest intel chipset?

I noticed the kernel version is 5.15.32… is wifi6 working on the newest intel chipset?

Is the current hardware list up to date ?

@evanesce69

From this page : https://www.intel.ca/content/www/ca/en/support/articles/000005511/wireless.html

Note This table contains only the first official firmware version released, which is only guaranteed to work with the kernel version specified in the table. To get the latest version for newer kernels, use the firmware git tree instead.

Device Kernels Firmware
Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX210 160MHz 5.10+ iwlwifi-ty-59.601f3a66.0.tgz
Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz 5.2+ iwlwifi-Qu-48.13675109.0.tgz
Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz 5.1+ iwlwifi-cc-46.3cfab8da.0.tgz

Hi,

we are currently shipping the 20211216 version of the linux-firmware contents, which is relatively new, but not completely up to date (the latest version is 20220411).

(Looks like I will have to take care of this for Core Update 168. linux-firmware is always a pain to update, because it is so big we cannot even ship its content in one piece anymore, so every file has to be checked manually for changes. :expressionless: )

So, I think there are good chances IPFire supports this chipset. Just give it a try on that hardware, and report back. :slight_smile:

Thanks, and best regards,
Peter Müller

2 Likes

Peter,

my card is working as an access point, although i cannot find any information on HT Caps or VHT Caps… so it is very slow and not making use of its full potential.

Do you have any ideas on where one could find the values?

My card is the TP Link Archer TX3000E.

Rob

Hi,

sorry, but I am not an expert by any means when it comes to this topic. Perhaps @arne_f can help you.

In case an updated version of linux-firmware turns out to have this fixed already, please stay patient - I literally prepared it for upcoming Core Update 168 this minute. :slight_smile:

Thanks, and best regards,
Peter Müller

Hi all,
this thread is now a bit old,
does anyone know whether the Intel AX200 Wifi6 is now completely covered by the IPfire Kernel and therefore provides full perfomance as an AccessPoint

thanks in advance and best regards

I don’t know much about the Intel chipsets these days, but they usually are firmware-locked so that they don’t function as access point.

I´m looking for and Wifi6 802.11ax Card which is working well with IPfire as an AP. Are there any experiences or recommendations?

As far as I know there are no widely available modules like that available, yet. I have a few that I bought for testing but they are not fully supported by Linux, yet.

I didn’t have time to check with the latest 6.6 kernel, yet…

Maybe you could check out “sparklan”.

I don’t know them, I don’t use them, but they are “AP-solutions” with Qualcomm chipsets.

If you try it out and it works, please tell me. Would link to “pimp” my IPFire. :smiley:

Greetings

1 Like