Font change feature

Hello,

The UI refresh of IPFire has set a font that… may not look traditional / normal to everyone. Of course, we all have our tastes. Ever since the change the interface does not feel like home to me.

I was wondering if we can provide a feature in GUI settings [ /cgi-bin/gui.cgi ] to give user a selection of few fonts to choose from?

If someone is willing to work on the feature I can help with it (CSS, HTML, Google Fonts).

Thanks

2 Likes

I think it would be great If we could bring together the community.
to add such a feature and not bother the few developers
that work on maintaining IPFire.
We (the users) create a add-on page to change font and CSS.
A few choices check the one you want.
or a way to load them from a repository ? git.?

Since you can do the css, html, google fonts, what part is needed from others?

Thank you @hvacguy and @jon

Jon, I’m actually not familiar with IPFire’s code structure, or know if there’s a guide for new contributors (environment set-up, best practices etc). If HTML/CSS is all that’s needed, I’ll explore the code and see what I can do. I’ll search for docs/guide as well.

Shaun, I was thinking a few choices of fonts, a user can select from. A drop-down list perhaps.

1 Like

Jon, how about bringing this in to a new community forum called “Customizing appearance” or something similar… there are threads and posts about layout and css in just about every sub forum…

Without adding a new category (which I dont have access to add one), this thread could go into two areas. One being:

And one is:

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Screen rewrite scans slow. causes a very noticeable flash/flicker