Delete account?

Hello there,

although ipfire seems to be a great piece of software, i found out that it doesn’t fit my needs. So i don’t need an account here furthermore. I tried to find a way to delete it, but didn’t success. How can i achieve that?

Thanks a lot and keep up the good work
Chris.

I’m happily using IPFire – I’m not leaving :slight_smile:
But I have two accounts at people.ipfire.org and bugzilla.ipfire.org. Could I get you to delete/remove or disable my extraneous gmail account, XXX@gmail.com?

I just deleted your account and also censored your email address…

Taking a look at the history still shows the original posted email address :upside_down_face:

Bugzilla still lets me login with the gmail account

Please delete my account as well.

Maybe I overreacted because I was frustrated because of this problem (security issue).
Just because person XY doesn’t seem to understand that I need to come to a solution at some point after months, he has to close the thread and prevent other users from helping? I even said that I would try a reinstall first.
By the way, I have not started this thread it is about. So maybe I am not alone with the problem.

My personal opinion to this case.

I’ve read the thread regulary. But until now I cannot see how these systems are configured to raise the problem. Neither the physical connections nor the firewall settings are documented. So it isn’t easy to guess what produces the problem.

The ‘standard’ IPFire implementation

• uses a separate NIC for each network
  • connects networks only by the routing functionality of IPFire, not physically
  • allows inbound traffic on red for locally initiated connections, only ( plus port-forwarding to orange )

With this SSH can not be seen open from outside.

If your system shows another behaviour, there must be a difference in this basic configuration.
To help, the devs and mods should have some information about this. Usually we can find a solution.

BTW: I’ve learned in many years of development, that sometimes the precise explanation of the problem shows the solution ( for the questioner himself ).
Assignment of guilt never solved a problem.

3 Likes

Hi,

just to avoid misunderstandings about the situation here:

In this forum, you will get support for your IPFire (and firewalling/networking/security-related) issues for free. In fact, IPFire itself comes for free.

The vast majority of actively users on this forum are helping others here in their spare time (myself included), without gaining any personal benefit from doing so. The very least we can expect in return is to have requests for additional information answered, and things being discussed without any “if there is no solution by X, I will stop using IPFire” statements. After all, IPFire and its community do not owe you anything whatsoever.

That being said, I just updated my previous post to reflect what information is needed to debug this issue, should any other user experience it again (which of course I don’t hope). I will delete your account shortly.

Regards,
Peter Müller

2 Likes