Your First Steps with IPFire

New to IPFire? Ask questions about how to install the system and about first steps

I searched for “ipfire with a bridge modem” on DuckDuckGo. Got this link “https://forum.ipfire.org/viewtopic.php?t=10017” but I end up here “https://community.ipfire.org/”.
Does that mean the topic does not exist or that I need to do something else to find it?

Почему Firewall не работает через WEB interface, а iptables работает через консоль, и то порты не открываются

Hi everyone!

Hope everyone is doing well. I’m new to IPFire and need some assistance please.

My goal is to setup a LTE modem with IPFire box. I have a netgear LTE bridge modem with a T-mobile sim card. The sim is not locked or has any other credentials associated with it. I know the service works because I’m able to get online while connected directly to the netgear LTE modem and also i have tested with LTE modem connected to a pfsense box.
below are the specs of the devices I’m using.

IPFire version IPFire 2.27 (x86_64) - core168
Pakfire version 2.27-x86_64
Kernel version Linux ipcool.localdomain 5.15.35-ipfire #1 SMP Sun Jun 5 17:58:52 GMT 2022 x86_64 Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU N3700 @ 1.60GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

LTE Modem: ‎NETGEAR ‎LB1121-100NAS

I installed ipfire on the device using suggested method found in the support section.
Then i used the suggestions described here wiki.ipfire.org - Mobile Networks (LTE/4G/UMTS/3G/2G)
Is this possible as to what I’m trying to accomplish? I would really appreciate any help on this.

Thank you so much in advance!!!

Hi there, i am used to using the ever so simple IPCOP at probably it’s most basic but it seems the last time they worked on it was back in 2015 either way looking to change I used the unit as a firewall with the TCAR add-on which helped to keep people in and keep people outwith a simple green and red network, now what is bothering me is I need to know what hardware will work with a new setup as I normally have 2 nics one attached to the protected (green) network and the other to WHY internet connection which provides a DHCP/fixed address back to the firewall, I’ll probably like to use the machine I deploy to act as a file server too later on, I’m in RSA South Africa, is there something particular I should be looking for as far as hardware as it is a tricky market right now. Thanks in advance for your input. blessings.

Is the “Green” network NAT’d by default? If so, how do you disable that? My ‘Green’ network consists of a public /28 subnet and connects to several routers/firewall appliances that each connect and administer their own specific and private networks. Because of this, I obviously cannot have the ipFire device performing any sort or kind of NAT between the green and red networks.
I would, in fact, like the ipfire device to basically ignore both networks, beyond maintaining the permanent PPPoE connection to the ISP as well as faithfully passing any/all packets back and forth between the two networks as appropriate. I would like to use the Blue network for device access / administration, but have not been able to find a place to set-up/configure it to connect to a local wifi access point.

Any help in these matters would be greatly appreciated!