Wireless client configuration - no CANCEL button

IPfire 183, RPI.

I have Raspberry PI and I use internal WiFi as the RED interface. When I enter “Wireless client configuration” in WUI, I see a form and there is button “Add”. I miss button “Cancel” to ignore data in the form and to return to the previous page…

Out of curiosity, can you click the browser back button and will it return to the last page?

Yes, I can use BACK button of my web browser, it works on this form. I get an error on other pages, that some data has to be resend… Anyway, other forms, like “Add DNS server” in “Domain Name System” has “Back” button (it is not “Cancel” but “Back” I do not care if the button is labeled with “Cancel” or “Back” but such button should be in the “Wireless Client Configuration form”

I cannot find comment on this thread that is in my email box, it is possible it was deleted. There was a note that develops do not like to do changes in GUI…

Maybe, that is exactly the reason why developers did radical changes in the last release of IPfire when GUI was changed in the way that I was not sure if I was connected to my IPfire gateway (the first time after update)… :wink:

The difference between this sites is that the Wireless Client is the main page, so you cannot go back. The example on the dns page it is a sub-dialog and back goes back to the main dns page.

2 Likes