Whitelist Issue

Hey All,
New to iPFire. I am having a issue with the url whitelist. I have a domain and url (web.connectnetwork.com and connectnetwork.com) added to the whitelist, however I am not able to access the site. All of the other domains and urls on the whitelist work fine. Any ideas?

I run LOTS of white only firewalls. You don’t need both, just the main, no subs required unless you want to disallow certain one(s) which is achieved by listing all other subs and not the main A name. Aka, aol.com allows everything, basically acts like *.aol.com. If you only put mail.aol.com and news.aol.com then web.aol.com wont work unless you add it or just put aol.com in the list, however the web address would need to be typed just as you put in the list. Aka they wont be able to goto aol.com much less www.aol.com if you are only allowing the other sub names.
Also Check your blocked url list and proxy log as some websites make calls to other urls that can be required before the 1st domain can be accessed. I know this sounds juvenile, be sure you are going directly to the url in the address bar of your browser. Cant tell you how many times ive had to deal with people who use links and tiny urls to access a simple domain because someone sent an email with a tracker link etc. (eyeroll) because aol.com is too much for them to physically type. It womt pass through and bounce forward from the tracker pages that aren’t allowed.
also did you restart the url control service after adding?

1 Like