Use of Squid without PC and Smartphone management. What "best practices"?

Until now on iPFire I use Squid with Transparent Proxy because I have never had the problem of managing Web traffic.
Instead, now the problem arises with all its variants.

• Known PCs (Win10 and Win11) can be configured with the proxy, only I would like to do it automatically.
  • For laptops it is not possible to manage an automatic configuration because it would not work at home or elsewhere and not everyone is able to change the configurations. How do you do it?
  • Then there are smartphones and laptops, always known, but here there is the same problem with the aggravating circumstance that there are many models and the points where you can change the configurations are always different.
  • Finally there are the guests and those who follow our courses. On these there is never authorization to modify anything and on the other hand access to the Internet must be guaranteed.

Alongside this issue, there is content filtering and antivirus activation.
Now all traffic is HTTPS, how can I handle it without “Man in the Middle”?

I thought I could solve part of these problems by implementing authentication with a captive portal and separate VLANs.
However, the problem of filters remains.

I would appreciate knowing how you solved the problem.
I have to manage a small association that has its own work PCs and which organizes courses where the use of both our computers and the students’ laptops is expected.

Sorry to say I do not understand the problem you are trying to fix.

Could you go into more detail of the original issue?

I am closing this post since the issues seem to be squid related and are discussed in a different thread:

Please see: