Unable to connect to wifi after update from 153 to 159

Hi,
I install IPFire 153 (because I have it downloaded and verified and copied to a USB stick) and then have a wifi card and connection on the red zone.
I can get this working - IPFire connects to the wifi router.
However, when I then update IPFire to 159, IPFire will no longer connect to wifi in the red zone.
I have deleted and re-added a network under System > Wireless client and this does not help.
I have twice installed 153, got wifi working on red zone, and then updated to 159 and lost the connection.
I am not sure what else to do.
Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.

Hi,

are there any log messages in /var/log/messages or output of lspci? These would help us a lot to tell what the problem is exactly.

Also, Core Update 159 is outdated. Please always try to reproduce the issue with the latest Core Upgrade - swiftly installing upgrades is strongly recommended due to security reasons anyway.

Thanks, and best regards,
Peter Müller

@pmueller I wanted to thank you for your reply. It may seem weird that I am thanking you 2+ years later, but it is because I did not get informed at the time you had replied, and just noticed your reply now, because I have logged in re other posts.

I did not mean to ignore your post and I believe in thanking people for their time and effort, even if my thanks is ridiculously late…

3 Likes