Tor works with ANY country but not a SPECIFIC ONE

GeoBlock is on except for certain countries
Tor works with ANY country but not Specific Countries.
image attached

prefer to use tor with ipfire rather than the bundle.

Hi,

it looks like your input of “use only these exit nodes (one per line)” is invalid. This field is supposed to be filled with Tor exit relay fingerprints, if you want to pin your Tor instance to certain exit relays (not a good idea in production).

Does it work if you removed those contents?

prefer to use tor with ipfire rather than the bundle

I am not sure if this is such a good idea if you are determined to stay anonymous. Modern browsers leak a lot of information, and the Tor folks went through some pretty engineering effort in order to keep the Tor Browser as secure and as indistinguishable from others as possible.

You might want to use Whonix if you need extra security.

By the way: Except for testing or debugging purposes, I do not consider limiting Tor exit nodes to one country to be a good idea. We should extend that GUI in order to allow multiple countries to be selected, and to do the whole thing for Tor guards as well - it is more effectively there, for example, if you enforce Tor guards outside your country or in offshore locations.

Thanks, and best regards,
Peter Müller

The idea came about from watching connections exit Russia being refused.

Tor bundle is easy.

What are fingerprint configuration?

The idea came about from watching connections exit Russia being refused.

This highly depends on the queried destination. Others might block connections from known Tor exit relays entirely.

What are fingerprint configuration?

A fingerprint is the public identity of a Tor replay. For example, A2DB293FFC5A76A718863BF1AEDBC8DFB1CB1097 is the fingerprint of this relay.

I agree. Other than the guards themselves.

All right, marking this as being solved…

Peter,
With the new tor update core 152, I’ve tossed a bunch of Fingerprints into the tor exit node area and tor would not start. Removed the fingerprints and tor started. The fingerprints were added raw without a opening statement such as Exitnode: and the master list chosen to Any Country… What is the correct way to added fingerprints: For example several from IS SE or CH 1A6CD4A78BC5A4F19CF2F27C4AB32E44C8B20769
A60AFA6FFB2EEB8E4A4C531FBA6A78AF586AACB7
B778066DAD76D6EEA7D0D31A82F168A84C0D7955

Hi,

could you please post the relevant log lines from /var/log/messages here so we can make an educated guess what is going wrong?

The correct way of adding fingerprints is to paste those into the fingerprint box, one per line. This seems to work fine for me here.

Thanks, and best regards,
Peter Müller