SSLH add-on not starting

For some reason the SSLH add-on is not starting correctly after installing it, and it seems like it is missing the correct init script or so.

It would be also nice if it could be updated to the latest version, as the current one available via pakfire is quite outdated.

Please post the errors. Thank you!

I had a quick look at sslh.

It was updated in Sep 2021 from version 1.7a (2013) to the latest at that time version of 1.22c

It looks like since Sep2021 you are the first person to be trying to use sslh as it looks like the configuration process for sslh was changed significantly between 1.7a and 1.22c and the old configuration process no longer works as the options that are used in the init script (-s & -l) are no longer recognised.

To get sslh working, either with the current version or the latest version will require someone to create an update patch that uses and knows the package and how to get it working for the situation of a firewall.

2 Likes

Hi, just for the record, it’s an easy fix. Looks like sslh changed some of its flags…

Open the file /etc/init.d/sslh and just change the old flags from:

-p “${LOCAL_IP_ADDRESS}:443” -s localhost:222 -l localhost:444

to:

-p “${LOCAL_IP_ADDRESS}:443” --ssh=localhost:222 --tls=localhost:444

On another note, I also had to add the init script to the /etc/sysconfig/firewall.local since I noticed the service wasn’t starting at boot:

case “$1” in
start)
## add your ‘start’ rules here
/etc/init.d/sslh start
;;
stop)
## add your ‘stop’ rules here
/etc/init.d/sslh stop
;;
reload)
$0 stop
$0 start