Open VPN pere road warrior stats can be a pain and can be removed by the following steps (a knowledge of Linux is required) :
- enable ssh access
- log into your ipfire machine
- su to root if you haven’t logged in a such (why is sshing in as root even possible?).
- run /etc/init.d/collectd stop
- cd /var/log/rrd/collectd/localhost to where the files are
- rm -r the appropriately named directory(ies) (be sure you are certain you have have not make an error in the command…it can be very destructive)
6.1) cd in to the appropriately named directory
6.2) rm the files there one at a time
6.3) cd …
6.4) rmdir the appropriately named directory
6.5) run /etc/init.d/collectd start
6.5) check the result is as expected.
6.6) run /etc/init.d/collectd stop
6.6) repeat as needed.
- run /etc/init.d/collectd start
NOTE: this is a not a perfect solution, but does work. In my experience.