Raspberry Pi 3 b+

Hey ipfire!
Just joined and since it’s a forum and all ,I wanted to post a question.
I’ve flashed ipfire to sdcard, loaded, and booted. But, there’s only a splash screen. Could it be due to an add-on that I’ve got working along with the pi? It’s a power hat. I’m asking that because I’ve used another product that was produced that didn’t run with the accessory also.

I’ll just give it a try…

P.S. Is there a way to reach out to one of the developers???

Hi Joel,

you will not get any overwhelming performance out of the Raspberry Pi 3B+, especially
when it comes to the Intrusion Prevention System (IPS), but anyway:

Since I am not sure what exactly went wrong in your case: Did you follow the
installation instructions for Raspberry Pi 3B+?

P.S. Is there a way to reach out to one of the developers???

Yes. Please refer to wiki.ipfire.org - Development and wiki.ipfire.org - Getting in touch with the developers for further information.

Thanks, and best regards,
Peter Müller

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t know. It worked, installation wise on the pi a before.

Thanks for the input, for sure. That won’t be an issue for me otherwise, I think or hope, since I have a small home network and use a couple other firmwares as well.

I just used etcher to flash to sdcard. It’s never not worked, so…
I thought it could be, maybe, the power hat I have installed, but , I really don’t know.

Aside, it’s a user error here. I had HDMI hooked up. Is there a way to unpack the image somehow to allow for HDMI from the get go? I’ve never used serial console.

In short, no. Several of the ARM boards don’t have HDMI, so the default has to be serial console and it becomes necessary to do a simple file edit, if you want HDMI.

Hi,

quoted from the installation instructions:

The ARM flash image is configured for serial console at default.

• If using the serial console edit the config.txt file and add enable_uart=1 to the end
  • If using HDMI output and USB Keyboard edit the uENV.txt file and change SERIAL-CONSOLE=ON to OFF

In other words, after having written the image to your SD card, you will have to mount it
(should be no problem on Linux machines), edit uENV.txt accordingly, and unmount it.

Thanks, and best regards,
Peter Müller

1 Like

Nice! I’m sorry for the question!

No worries. :slight_smile: