I don’t normally ask for help, usually somebody has solved the issue previously and you can find it somewhere, but this has me stumped.
I wonder if some wonderful knowledgeable person could point me in correct direction as I’m a network / vpn newbie:
- I have a remote server say on 184.108.40.206 out there in the internet, and I want to VPN to it so that all my green clients can have access to it.
- My red network is on 220.127.116.11
- My green network is running on 10.0.1.? they can all talk to each other and the ipfire on 10.0.1.1
- My IPFire box has got an openvpn connection open to my server (18.104.22.168) via command line where ipfire can talk to it on 10.8.0.1 and the server can talk to my IPFire box on 10.8.0.6
- Now I would like my green clients on 10.0.1.2+ to be able to talk to the remote server on a 10.8.0.1 but they cannot, they have no knowledge of 10.8.0.1 or even better bring the remote server into the green dhcp range so it behaves like a local machine.
I am guessing it is probably a routing / firewall issue, although having no experience with routing or iptables I’m just stabbing in the dark.
I can post openvpn configs if it will help, I just didn’t want to clutter this up.
Much appreciate any help you can give me!