Perl 5.30.0 missing after upgrade to Core Update 148 -> WebGUI partially not working

After upgrading my IPFire installation to core148 i still have perl version 5.12.3 partly installed but some perl modules are missing. On the other hand perl 5.30.0 has these modules installed but is missing the perl5.30.0 binary.

usr/bin/perl --version 
This is perl 5, version 12, subversion 3 (v5.12.3) built for i586-linux-thread-multi

[root@bwr ~]# ls -l /usr/bin/perl*
-rwxr-xr-x 2 root root 1179780 Jul 30  2013 /usr/bin/perl
-rwxr-xr-x 2 root root 1179780 Jul 30  2013 /usr/bin/perl5.12.3

is there any option to install the full perl 5.30.0 using tar/sftp/… ?

The missing perl modules result in a none working webGUI in at least the firewall or geoloaction sections as the perl5.12.3 can’f find for example Location.pm which is installed in the proper location for 5.30.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.30.0/i586-linux-thread-multi/Location.pm

Any suggestions ? I would really like to avoid a reinstall of core 148 from base, as this is a headless Alix 32bit install.

Would be grateful for any pointers !

Have a nice day
Alberto

You have a serious corrupted installation. perl-5.12.3 was replaced by perl-5.30.0 with core136 (around a year ago) and should not exist since long time…

1 Like

I upgraded all the way up from some where in the core 13X range (can look up the exact starting core version later if it helps) to core 148 yesterday in two upgrade “events” The first was to 141 or 142 if i remember correctly and the second went to 148. Sorry for not mentioning that in my initial posting.

Did you reboot under the way?

Albert - Welcome to the IPFire Community. I’ve missed your wit & wisdom!

Your best bet for success may be to take your original backup from Core 13X and make a current backup of you current setup, download the current Core Update at https://www.ipfire.org/download, install, restore the backup, and then give it a try…

i rebooted when every time before starting the next multi core update cycle. I think that was once.

Hi Jon

i’m hoping to get around this and fix the perl install in some other way.

My system says:

perl -v

This is perl 5, version 30, subversion 0 (v5.30.0) built for i586-linux-thread-multi

It is a fresh install of core 148 because of some problems with core 149, but the state was exactly the same with my upgraded core148 system.
I do not remember when the new perl version was introduced, but I know that it was necessary to do a reboot at this exactly core level change.

Some more information if somebody else has this problem. Perl 5.30.0 comes with the early 13X updates. During a VirtualBox VM test it was installed without needing a reboot. Comparing the VMcore148 (upgraded all the way from 130) with the defective core148 i found many perl modules missing in site_perl besides the /usr/bin/perl and /usr/bin/perl5.30.0. I was able to migrate perl5.30.0 from the VM to my defective install with tar. I will be doing some more testing with the “defective” system before doing a complete reinstall. At the moment everything seems to be working but one never now’s and it’s only a fallback second gateway anyway.

Thank you all for your input!