OpenVPN LAN access

Very new to ipfire but seem to have a simple(?) problem that I have not been able to resolve

Setting up openvpn so that i can access email/files etc from an android phone when on the the road. - all access to items on the home/office lan.

Have established the server and transferred the ovpn to the phone and it all appears to connect properly - BUT all i can see on the phone is access to the phone and to the openvon server - not the LAN servers

Have tried with default firewall rules specific firewall allow rules but no luck

I am sure I have missed something trivial but a few clues would be appreciated

Thanks and sorry if it wrong part of the community

Andrew

Hello @andrew0401, welcome to the IPFire community.

It sounds like you’re facing a routing issue with your OpenVPN setup. First, ensure that your LAN servers are on the ‘Green’ network in IPFire. If they are not, you will need to adjust your OpenVPN configuration to include routing information for your LAN.

In your OpenVPN server configuration, use the ‘push’ option to add a route to your LAN. This will direct the VPN client traffic to your LAN.

I recommend referring to this detailed tutorial for a comprehensive guide on setting up a road warrior configuration with OpenVPN. It covers the necessary steps and configurations in detail.

If you follow these steps and still face issues accessing your LAN servers, please provide more details about your network setup, and I’ll be glad to assist further.

Thanks - the detailed tutorial you refer to is the one I used to set up my openvpn - now to reread and check to make sure I did not miss a step.

Suspect the problem is routing - but possibly within the LAN - a further check shows that the network card in the ups is visible to the remote over the vpn but nothing else…

Keep in mind that the green subnet is automatically pushed to the roadwarrior, but any other subnet must be entered in the advanced configuration, as shown in my previous message. Also, I would check your client routing table. The client should have routes directing traffic to the internal subnets via the VPN tunnel.