OpenVPN -> Hetzner -> Cloud

Good morning,

I am trying to get an IPFire router working in the Hetzner Cloud. I did the installation as described at wiki.ipfire.org - Hetzner Cloud and it all worked fine.

When I configure OpenVPN and save the installations I get this error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at root@localhost to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

In the LOG file of Apache I find this entry:

End of script output before headers: ovpnmain.cgi, referer: https://IP:444

Unfortunately, the error tells me nothing. Does anyone have an idea about this?

Many thanks in advance
Olaf

Hi @factor200x,

Are there no lines prior to the “End of script” line. When I have experienced this message when working on one of the scripts I have always found a line telling me the line number at which the cgi script had a problem.

If there is no line number then all I can suggest is for you to show a screenshot of the OpenVPN global settings screen just before you press save. Maybe someone can see something that might help.

As far as i remember in any old core a while ago there was a missmatch, i saw this on one of my old test machines a while ago. So i guess you use a old Core version or it comes still from this faulty old core version. The solution should be under

/var/ipfire/ovpn

change server.conf from root to nobody 0644. This should work afterwards again.

1 Like

Great, that’s the solution!

Thanks a lot
Olaf