OpenVPN - connect but can't see Green side servers

I have OpenVPN running on the IPFire machine and am using the OpenVPN Community GUI. As the subject line states, I can connect to the gateway, but I can’t see my servers on the GREEN LAN connection. At the moment, the most I have to go on is the a ping returns:
Reply from 10.234.40.1: Destination host unreachable.
In Windows, I see that my tunnel address is 10.234.40.6, I am trying to ping systems I know the address of and the IPFire gateway itself returns this message.

I’ll gladly collect any information that would help solve this issue, but, I don’t know where to look.

I should add, I can connect to the IPFire web console via the OpenVPN connection.

@nbxmike

When I installed OpenVPN I vaguely remember I had to push the OpenVPN network in the “Advanced Server Options” to make the system work, see screenshot. In my case, the OpenVPN network is 10.1.4.0/24. I cannot remember why I had to do that, though. What I remember is that I couldn’t push the green network because it would get an error. But as it is, it works for me and I can connect also to green. I do not know if this is the problem you are facing, but just in case this is the screenshot of my configuration.

1 Like

That is better, I can now ping and find the file servers by address, not name, but I’ll take it for today.

When you openvpn, the client machine should change the /etc/resolv.conf to “nameserver 10.1.4.1” If it does not, your may need to add 2 lines in the .ovpn (that script should exist in that dir) Basically, it parses the DNS info and pushes your DNS into the connection.

up /etc/openvpn/update-resolv-conf
down /etc/openvpn/update-resolv-conf

Windows clients . . .