I would like to know/understand how restoring an IPFire behaves in respect to existing Net to Net VPN and roadwarrior VPN.
Due to a mishap migrating to 152 I need to restore two IPFire installations, one main IPFire machine and one IPFire machine connected to the main one via n2n VPN.
For both installations I do have the following Backups:
- iso IPFire file for the plain installation
- ipf backup configuration file
- iso file containing the installation and the configuration of the machines
My expectation is that either
1 - do a plain install and restore the ipf
2 - or use the iso with configuration file included
should bring me back to a fully operational condition without any hassle…
Unfortunately this was not the case… I tried version 1 and the outcome is that everything but the functions involving VPN (n2n and roadwarrior) work.
Now my questions are:
- should such (variant 1) a restore procedure work and restore also a working VPN connectivity?
- should I use variant 2?
- does such a restore not work because I need to recreate the VPN keys/credentials, transfer them etc.?
Many thanks for any help!!