OpenVPN and IPSec simultaniously?

Hello everybody,
We use OpenVPN for connecting our offices and also individual PC (roadwarriors) A service provider now needs to have a VPN into our network for monitoring and maintenance. They would like to use IPSec and I can’t figure out if I can run both services at the same time or if they will create a conflict. Searching for an answer led to multiple result none really saying “yes” or “no” if IPfire can handle both and if that is good practice or not.

Can someone please clarify this for me? Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I use both, only roadwarrior, but my network has only one user. I had for a while my laptop connected to the router with IPSec and my phone with OpenVPN and I never noticed any problem.

2 Likes

I’ve run both at the same time and it seems to work A-OK. This was done mostly during testing of IPSec. The OpenVPN was already setup and running A-OK and I was experimenting with IPSec. Got it all working while running both OpenVPN and IPsec on the IPFire box! There were no special steps. I just followed the Wiki.

2 Likes

I’m running this setup for year. It works like a charme. But it depends on your system to be able to handle the extended load.

Greetz

2 Likes