Ntopng Installer Script: missing shared object

Greetings! New IPFire user here. I’m trying to get ntopng working via the installation script provided by @ummeegge (which is awesome, thanks so much for your work on this!) For reference, I’m following the instructions posted here.

The script appears to run successfully until the penultimate step, at which point the following error occurs:

Will start now ntopng . . .
Starting Traffic Analyzer and Flow Collector . . .
/usr/bin/ntopng: error while loading shared libraries: libldap-2.3.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory [ FAIL ]
Have added now meta file for de- or activation via IPfire WUI ntopng on reboot . . .
Process can't be started please come to https://forum.ipfire.org/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=19565 , try then to help you.

Any help would be appreciated! I realize I was directed to the old forum/topic, and will attempt to register and cross-post there if that’s most appropriate.

edit: running IPFire 2.25 (x86_64) - Core Update 145 with no other addons

Ntopng is linked against the openldap-2.3 but we have updated to 2.4 you need a newer build of ntopng.

1 Like

Hi all,
the new build need a little time.

Best,

Erik

1 Like

Hi all,
have build ntopng against the new libldap-2.4

libldap-2.4.so.2 => /usr/lib/libldap-2.4.so.2 (0x00007934a3446000)

but the version is still the same

v.4.1.200620	[Community build]
GIT rev:	dev:21a7080dfead11a3e4f8e4fe087bf421bd01ccad:20200620

so it is the actual version some days after the release to capture potential important fixes since this is a major release.

ATTENTION:

• This update will only works with Core Update 145 released or newer.
  • This update won´t reimport the old data so you will start again from the beginning with the new version.
  • As ever use testing systems for this and be sure to have enough free RAM.
  • Please check carefully the old in here linked thread to the old forum.
    As ever, you can find the details in here --> https://forum.ipfire.org/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=19565 .

To in- or uninstall you can use as before this code block

cd /tmp &&
curl -O https://gitlab.com/ummeegge/ntopng-ipfire/-/raw/master/scripts/ntopng-installer.sh &&
chmod +x ntopng-installer.sh
./ntopng-installer.sh

Feedback might be nice as ever :sunflower:

2 Likes

Installation went flawlessly and is working great so far. Thanks for writing and maintaining this, simply awesome!

1 Like

Thanks for your positive feedback and for delivering the bug.

One problem appears here with this version. If ‘Protocols’ are defined via

--ndpi-protocols /etc/ntopng/scripts/protos.txt

i get an segfault

Jun 23 15:25:41 ipfire kernel: ntopng[9202]: segfault at 0 ip 000073b8d7b547c6 sp 00007ffee345e618 error 4 in libc-2.31.so[73b8d7ac9000+172000]

since there is also a to IPFire usage modified protos.txt in the package available but the directive is not set in ntopng.conf, the segfault does not appear at the first glance. Am currently not sure what´s causes this problem (Syntax should be OK), also there is another possibility to define “Custom Applications” via ntopng´s WUI --> https://www.ntop.org/guides/ntopng/web_gui/categories.html which i haven´t tested until now (will may come soon) to check if the problems appears there too.

Am currently building the actual DEV version which is needed in case there is a bug in ntopng´s sources to file it as such.

More on that may soon but better not in this topic since we are already OT.

Best,

Erik

New dev version v.4.1.200624 [Community build] GIT rev: dev:cea186ba754ac20506462e632ee5f0a0467f755b:20200624 fixes the segfault and is meanwhile compiled and up. The new version needs libsnmp which the installer provides to install for you via Pakfire.

Best,

Erik

1 Like

Hi. I would like to try install ntopng in my ipfire. But it seems, that there isn’t any tar.gz of ntopng version in @ummeegge 's folder ummeegge/ntopng/stable. Or am I doing something wrong?

Hello @zruzel,
since Ntopng is not a official IPFire package i have decided to delete it from my home dir. If you have questions you can get contact in here → ummeegge / ntopng-ipfire · GitLab .

Best,

Erik

1 Like