No upload speed

Hi!

I did the update from core 174 to 181.

Now i see my upload speed is gone.

I have a 300/300 fiber (DG).

Downloadspeed is round about at 300 Mbits.
Uploadspeed is only at 1 MBits.

I test this on a few clients in the LAN running google’s speedtest feature.

I ran the CLI speedtest on the ipfire machine and i get the full speed.

What could be the reason?

IDS, Traffic shaping, proxy is disabled.

Please help me!!

[UPDATE]
It’s getting crazy, i rebooted the ipfire applicance and my speed is back!!
I re-test this in a few hours

Greetz

Upgrading from Core 174 to Core 181 involves several rounds of updates using pakfire, each introducing its own set of changes and potential variables to your system. Under these circumstances, troubleshooting can become quite complex. As a general recommendation, it’s better to apply updates to your IPFire system regularly. Doing so not only simplifies the process of reverting to a previous version if an update adversely affects your firewall’s functionality, but it also ensures that your system stays up-to-date with the latest security-oriented changes in IPFire.

EDIT: Due to my high level of caution when performing updates, I always maintain a cloned copy of my internal hard disk, synchronized to the state before each update attempt. If something goes wrong, I have the option to swap the hard disk and restore the system’s previous state. I then address the problem at a convenient time.

3 Likes

[UPDATE]
It’s getting crazy, i rebooted the ipfire applicance and my speed is back!!
I re-test this in a few hours

I have a working clonezilla image of the old install. So, the way back should not be a problem.

But, seriously what could be the issue? an why solve a reboot this, i mean it’s not windows where rebooting always solve problems.

I will do some monitoring and report back, but any breadcrumbs will be very welcome!

Greetz

Too many variables involved to guess. Firmware issues with the network card or MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit) negotiation issues would be my first guess.

1 Like