No more "iptables firewall" logs in "Synthetic report" after loading Tor-addon

Hello folks,

yes, 't’s me again … :]

Accidentally, I had a glance at the “iptables firewall” logs on the « rapports de synthèse » page, in order to find some IPs to eventually block (because too much scans), but … I were very surprised to see that I only get the “iptables firewall” logs for 01 to 04 of January, but no more from the 05, which is the day I started Tor-addon (which, now, works like a charm, vielen Dank für alles).
I’m puzzled 'bout that … is this normal?
I hope this is not and I also hope somebody will send a tip on how to recover iptables logs.
[I want my logs back ! :slight_smile: ]

I must precise that the page itself (“rapports de synthèse”) is OK, as I get the “http server”, “init”, “kernel”, etc… logs ; only the “iptables firewall” § have disappeared. :confused:

Thanks for having reading me till there.

Hi @jeep,

The 5th will have been when you also updated to Core Update 153. The long lists of IP Addresses were removed from the summary page.

https://blog.ipfire.org/post/ipfire-2-25-core-update-153-released

You can still access all the information out of the Firewall Logs and the Logs by IP, Port and Country.

Hi Adolf,

[and thanx for quick replying]

The 5th will have been when you also updated to Core Update 153.

Erf… you’re true … I updated to 153 the same day it seems … I’ve forgotten (simple formality).

blog.ipfire.org - IPFire 2.25 - Core Update 153 released

Oooops… my bad !
I got this page (with 2 or 3) in tabs here, but not yet red it and … voila. :frowning:
[Pffff… if this continues I’ll go back hiding under my carpet]

My only excuse : I was very occupied (stressed) by the “little problem” I had with Tor-addon not operating well, I tabbed the ChangeLog of 153 just before.

You can still access all the information out of the Firewall Logs […]

Good to read that [the Margret Thatcher in me will be happy ! :wink: ], thanks!

I’ll go read some blog pages right now! :wink:

Vielen Dank, Adolf, Tschüß !