N2N with Raspi Upload not working even after Pakfire update

Hello together,
i have a problem similar to the N2N upload in the old forum. I use the ARM-Version 136 (but test it also with 134 / 135) without success. The problem is, even after i installed the patch from git.ipfire, that there comes a new problem up. The error-massage ““Es wurde keine Datei hochgeladen”” is solved, but now the system complain about “read of /tmp/uvubweuzw failed”.
Any ideas highly appreciated :slight_smile:

Hi,
my first idea was a problem with the permissions /tmp but another point is what kind of configuration it is from RaspberryPi since the config will be checked while the upload.

You can also checkout /var/log/httpd/error_log may there is a little a more detailed problem description findable.

Best,

Erik

Hello Eric,
i guess you are right. I found that in the mentioned log-file:

Blockquote
format error: can’t find EOCD signature
at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.12.3/Archive/Zip.pm line 1090
Archive::Zip::Archive::_findEndOfCentralDirectory(‘Archive::Zip::Archive=HASH(0x2a1caa0)’, ‘IO::File=GLOB(0x2a17aa8)’) called at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.12.3/Archive/Zip.pm line 966
Archive::Zip::Archive::readFromFileHandle(‘Archive::Zip::Archive=HASH(0x2a1caa0)’, ‘IO::File=GLOB(0x2a17aa8)’, ‘/tmp/xRGCKASkvu’) called at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.12.3/Archive/Zip.pm line 940
Archive::Zip::Archive::read(‘Archive::Zip::Archive=HASH(0x2a1caa0)’, ‘/tmp/xRGCKASkvu’) called at /srv/web/ipfire/cgi-bin/ovpnmain.cgi line 3238

I use a standard client.ovpn file from OpenVpn-AS.

Do you have any idea about what’s wrong here?

regards
Aalnase

the EOCD error means that the end of the ZIP file (“end of central directory”) has not been found. There seems to be something wrong with your archiv.

Best,

Erik

A little trick can also be to import a regular generated package into IPFire via WUI and to modify then step-by-step the configuration file under /var/ipfire/ovpn/n2nconf/{connection_name}/connection_name.conf whereby some changes needs to be made on both sides. As a further idea.

Best,

Erik

Hello ummeegge,
thanks for your fast answer and sorry for my late response. I was busy in business.

I checked that - about the EOCD - and installed than “arc” in my Ubuntu. From this time the IPfire starts to import the file generated by me in general.
Now i have the file “imported”, but i guess totally wrong. It is an export from openvpn-as which works perfect in my Android or Ubuntu while i import on these devices the client.ovpn, but till now for some reason not in Ipfire. I have exported the files from the “client.ovpn” file and create on another computer the “p12” file. Afterwards i put the client.ovpn and p12 file in a zip and upload it to the Ipfire.
Any suggestions?

Best Regards
Aalnase

Yeah, the other idea to import a regular idea sounds also a good one.
Thank you, will give it a try now and let you know.

Aalnase

Hi aalnase,
your welcome.

OK, so the first problem was indeed a broken ZIP archiv ?

Please keep in mind that N2N is a Network-to-Network connection (P2P topology → https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/Topology ) whereby two central points (IPFires in that case) distributes there behind lying subnets to another. So it is not really usable if you want to connect only one client to a server, therefore the Roadwarrior should be used in such cases whereby there also IPFire interacts as OpenVPN Server, a client Mode for IPFire itself is at that time via web user interface not available.

Best,

Erik