Missing socat command in IPFire

For debugging HAPproxy, I need the command socat to execute the following line:

echo "show errors -1 response" | socat stdio /tmp/sock1

So far I could not find this one. Any chance to get this included into IPFire ASAP?

Michael

Hi,

You are invited to do so, please refer to wiki.ipfire.org - Development for further information regarding IPFire development. :wink:

Thanks, and best regards,
Peter Müller

1 Like

Although I appreciate your recruiting efforts :stuck_out_tongue:, I rather sought for a solution. Not everybody is a programmer per se, especially for Linux and more specific for IPFire.

You said ASAP, so you should not wonder about recruiting efforts :wink:

1 Like

Yes, I know - it was rather a question not a command to do so.

Actually I’ve got an annoying issue with HAProxy which can only by debugged with above given command, hence my urgency…

Have you already tried using netcat instead?

It is available trough Pakfire as ncat-7.80-4.
Using the --unixsock option should enable ncat to connect to the socket.

1 Like

Hi,

Although I appreciate your recruiting efforts :stuck_out_tongue:, I rather sought for a solution.

I hope you did not get them wrong; we are always keen to attract new developers to the project. :slight_smile:

Not everybody is a programmer per se, especially for Linux and more specific for IPFire.

This is certainly true, although the hurdle of becoming engaged is rather low. Some Git knowledge and a little scripting (Bash, Perl, Python, …) is enough.

So if you changed your mind somedays, just let us know… :wink:

Peter Müller

1 Like

So, why was this posting flagged?

Hi,

because the poster advised people to download software from 3rd parties on their IPFire machines and execute it. For obvious reasons, this is a bad idea.

Since @smooky seems to be familiar with building packages for IPFire 2.x, we would like to see his effort being available to all IPFire users. Thus, we have asked him to join the development mailing list and submit patches there.

Peter Müller

4 Likes