Mikrotik+ipfire+openvpn

Hi, I have a microtik router and ipfire for it. I am creating Openvpn and there is no way to access it from the outside. What should I type in the Local VPN Hostname / IP?

Hi,

first, welcome to the IPFire community. :slight_smile:

Is the IPFire machine located before or behind the Mikrotik router? In case it is the latter, and it is not set into a “bridge mode” or something comparable, you will need to forward the respective destination port to your IPFire.

Thanks, and best regards,
Peter Müller

Ipfire is behind mikrotik. In Mikrotike I opened the ports.

Tomas, can you post the tomas-TO-ipfire.ovpn ?

Hi, thanks for the help. I connected to ipfire via openvpn successfully. And how do I access other computers on the network?

Hi,

well, glad you managed to solve the issue. To let other users benefit from it: What did you do or change so OpenVPN access to IPFire worked? Just forwarding the port on the MikroTik router?

Please refer to the documentation for further information on filtering VPN traffic, and open a new thread for your question case it wasn’t answered in the documentation. This helps to avoid confusions and mix-ups. :slight_smile:

Thanks, and best regards,
Peter Müller

P.S.: In case you are not yet aware of it: With news such as this one frequently showing up, I guess it is best to remove the MikroTik router from your setup altogether, if possible. :slight_smile:

I just entered the external address instead of the Local VPN Hostname and the host certificate