What is the best practice for a migration of a production instance of IPFire to a new hardware ?
It’s a bare metal machine (an old Core2Duo based PC with three GbE Intel based network cards).
I’d like to move it to a new PC and retain complete configuration.
How the steps should look like ?
Is the below plan correct ?:
- Install the same build of IPFire on the new PC
- Configure interfaces (red, green, blue) in the same way on a new PC as on the old one
- Install addons on the new PC
- Create full backup on the old PC
- Restore backup on the new PC, verify settings
- Disconnect old PC from networks and connect new PC
Thanks in advance!