Lost access to green and wui, how can I restart the setup script to set the correct nic with serial console?

Dear all,

I was experimenting with Vlans recently on core update 180 and it seems after setting two Vlans to the green nic this led to problems of the assignment of the green interface.
(I red here in the forum that this would indeed be possible), but the removal of the native state caused a lock-out as it seems.

After a reboot I could not see the gui under the usual “address:444” and also a direct Ethernet link from a PC to the green nic did not result in a connection. I was able to remove the SD card of the APU which contains the ipfire system partition and chrooted into the system and was able to start setup, here my assumption was confirmed. Unfortunately it is not possible to resume to the original configuration from the chroot environment, therefore my idea was to login into the serial console and then rerun the setup command.

I tried to connect with minicom and putty and the 115200 8n,1 settings and login to the serial console, but in the boot menu there is no selection for the serial console. Only advanced ipfire settings that med to the only option to boot ipfire. When ipfire is than booted, minicom does not show any terminal output or login option.

I am wondering if any modifications of grub are necessary to give the bootoption to the serial console? I was.under the impression that serial is always possible, even when the system is booted? As I mentioned, by chroot I can access these config files and also perform commands like update grub if this should be necessary.