Launching Our New Website 🎉

Chapter two is starting now… should be back within another hour again…

Aaaaand we are back and the new website is LIVE!

1 Like

Hello!

The site is beautiful, but the twitter icon is old, you will need to update it to a new icon - X…

Hello,

I just created a bug for this… the icon set didn’t provide the new icon last time I checked… It should be available in a few days…

2 Likes

Hi!

Like the new look but can’t find dark theme for community anymore. Is it gone or have I gone blind from all the white?

2 Likes

Lol: https://community.ipfire.org/t/dark-mode-in-community/10882

Me neither. Me craves dark. But all in good time… not as important as other stuff, consider this a friendly reminder…

oh, I see fire

Sorry, I wasn’t aware that people were using it… It’s back now :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Well done, @ms. The new website looks very nice - literally hot!

I know you’ve been working hard on it for a while now, and you should be proud of yourself.

Also, the new “IPFire_” logo is cleaner and more modern-looking (RIP Fiery Tux).

Starting 2024 with a bang!

3 Likes

Penguin is still there, but maybe not as site logo?

I don’t have enough hands to fix this all within a couple of days… It might be that some things will keep the legacy logo for a little bit longer…

Fair enough.
I hope that all the “this missing” will be receipt as “you forgot this, dude! :-)” more than “you’re slacking”.
Having different opinions or pinpointing errors/leftofers don’t mean “you suck”… :wink:

1 Like

I didn’t understand it as such :slight_smile:

Just fighting so many things simultaneously…

Tasklists, checkboxes, water (or tea, or coffee, whatever) and a good pen :slight_smile:

Nice site, but where are the torrent downloads?

We removed torrent downloads from the website as there was very little use of them and the code to handle them in our web app was messy.

We have mirrors pretty much everywhere in the world so that downloads should always be served very quickly using regular HTTPS.

6 Likes

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the update. Couple of ?'s:

1. why is Palemoon browser not supported for community wiki?
  2. just my take: torrent is preferred
  3. For Downloads, HOWTO verify sha256? Now only a bubble pops out? Can a sha256sum or asc be downloaded or is there another method?
  4. Many thanks to the team for all the efforts.

Just as a comment because I doubt many others are affected, but I find the front page of the new web site a bit unpleasant. I think the current terminology would be ‘triggering’. It is probably just a close-up or simulation of a small fire burning but it looks like a firestorm. I and my family have been in one and I read of others around the world each year. Sorry, just a personal impact. I preferred fire symbols.

3 Likes

We use Discourse and sadly they don’t seem to support the widest range or browsers.

1 Like