Ist the IPU661 System from PC engines supported

Hi Everybody,

does somebody now, if the hardware platform of the IPU Systems is supported by the IPFire.
I would like to upgrade my existing hardware from a APU 1D4 to a IPU661 System.
With WLAN and SSD harddisc.

Does somebody has any experience with this system ?
Temperature ? APU gets really hot and needs additional cooling.

Best regards
R.

Hi,

my IPFire 2.25 - Core Update 145 runs on an IPU662 from NRG Systems. As a hard drive I use a Samsung 860 EVO mSATA SSD and 16GB RAM. A special firmware is installed in order to be able to use a mini PCIe card for WLAN. My system is running passively cooled without problems since May 2019.

Best regards
Stephan

1 Like

Hi,
I just read the documentation of the IPU662 notice the following phrase:

“Um eine Mini-PCIe-Karte (z.B. Wireless LAN) nutzen zu können, ist ein spezielles BIOS-Update notwendig, durch das dann der 6. LAN-Port deaktiviert wird. Mit einem weiteren BIOS-Update kann dies wieder rückgängig gemacht werden.”

Does this mean, after the installation of second bios update, the system can use all 6 ports for IPFIRE?

What is the temperature from the CPU under the current temperature conditions?

Best regards
R.

Translation of above (via DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator):

In order to use a Mini PCIe card (e.g. Wireless LAN), a special BIOS update is required, which then deactivates the 6th LAN port. This can be reversed with another BIOS update.

1 Like

Hi,

have a look at the screenshot:

Best regards

Stephan

Thanks Stephan,
that looks good for me. I had to mount a fan on my existing APU system to get proper temperature values.

Finally, I will need a WLAN card.

Does the installation support the WLE900VX network card ?

By the way. Form language is english or german by default.
The old php forum, where I was also a member split the form in english and german.

Best regards
R.

It is english only now. We have removed gernan part because it need too much time to check if there are similar posts in the other area and we had too many double posts.

1 Like

Hi,

i am using a Compex WLE600VX 802.11ac Wireless Lan Mini-PCIe-Card with a Qualcomm Atheros QCA9882 chipset. I cannot judge whether the WLE900VX can be used with the IPFire.

Best regards
Stephan

Hi,
thanks for the information. I will order moreless the same configuration.
Best regards
R.