IPSEC - remove X509 - what it affects?

hi folks.

I have old ipsec profiles which are not working (long not used) - should I create new ones after regenerating DH and all the stuff assigned with “cryptographic warning” in openvpn section ? is the ipsec section independent from openvpn section - also removing X509 belongs under ipsec section there - or it affects also the openvpn ?

thank You.

p.s. I don’t want to kill and create again 60+ vpn client profiles… :slight_smile:

Hi,

no, this is not necessary (see below).

Yes. :slight_smile:

No removing all X.509 material will only have effect on IPsec. OpenVPN will remain untouched.

It might be helpful or stress-relieving to create a backup of your IPFire’s configuration before removing anything. In case you discover the wrong certificates to be gone, you can simply restore your backup. :slight_smile:

Thanks, and best regards,
Peter Müller

2 Likes

well Peter, thank You.

all is going fine, after removing X509 and generating new ones for every of 3 locations and enabling the old IPSec tunnels again - the interconnection begins smoothly work… and, IT HOLDS !!! not like before - it was dropping also was unusable for long term usage…

now We don’t need to create separate VPN tunnels every time We are in any of Our offices - they all 3 are interconnected…

2 Likes

Hi,

thanks for the reply. Glad things work fine now. :slight_smile:

Thanks, and best regards,
Peter Müller