IPFire suitability for home to replace my pfsense instance

Hi All,
I’m currently using pfsense v2.6.0 and in general it works perfectly well for my needs, and runs on a Seed Studio box specs blow:

Components ODYSSEY - X86J4105
Processor Intel® Celeron® J4105 (Frequency: 1.5 - 2.5GHz)
Coprocessor Microchip® ATSAMD21G18 32-Bit ARM® Cortex® M0+
Graphics Intel® UHD Graphics 600 (Frequency: 250 – 750MHz)
Memory LPDDR4 8GB
Storage 64GB eMMC V5.1
Wireless Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac @ 2.⅘ GHz HT160 & Bluetooth® 5.0
Networking Dual Intel® I211AT PCIe Gigabit LAN
USB USB 2.0 Type-A x2, USB 3.1 Type-A x1, USB 3.1 Type-C x1
TPM Built-in TPM (2.0)

My internet is with BT in the UK (VDSL2) and download is 75Mb and Upload 18Mb.

The only gripe I have is I’m not sure if my setup is working as well as it could be for cloud gaming (notably stadia). I’m wondering if PPPOE being single threaded on pfsense is affecting the performance when the going gets tough, and ALTQ Traffic Shaping is also somewhat multi thread challenged. I’ve also tried FQ_Codel limiters and that’s a bit of a mess too, but only for cloud gaming.

So I am willing to give IPFire a go, however I first need to check that all the wonderful things I can do in pfsense, can be setup within it, these are:

1. IPV6 support - I currently request an IPv6 prefix/information through the IPv4 connectivity link on the WAN, and the LAN has “Track Interface” set to this IPV6 Configuration.
  2. OpenVPN Server 1 - Internet Only - My Dad connects to my current OpenVPN server from overseas to allow him to watch BBC iPlayer etc. to get around regional restrictions. This OpenVPN server only allows Internet Only access on connection, he can’t see anything on the local network once he has connected.
  3. OpenVPN Server 2 - Internet and Local Access - This is used for myself to connect in and administer/support as required.
  4. OpenVPN Client - I’ve got an always on Client VPN with custom option (route news.usenetfarm.eu) that is used to route select destination hostname traffic via, such as Usenet.
  5. BufferBloat Mitigation - Traffic Shaping or SQM functionality to ensure gaming latency is at a minimum.
  6. Dynamic DNS to Cloudflare
  7. Firewall Scheduling to disable kids devices from accessing network between certain times.
  8. Lets Encrypt certificate generation/integration for a given domain

I think that is all the must have’s, hopefully IPFire ticks all the boxes, look forward to the responses.

Many Thanks!

This is missing in IPFire. It will be part of IPFire 3 one day, but not today.