IPFIRE shows only default screen

Hello dear community,
I am a beginner when it comes to firewalls. Okay the installation from a USB stick should not be that difficult I thought.
I’m desperate because every time I start the IPFIRE installation from USB stick it shows me a default screen. The countdown starts at 10 seconds and starts again from the beginning. Endless loop.
What am I doing wrong?
I have downloaded the ISO from Heise.
Here technical details: ipfire 2.25 x86 core: 150.iso
PC: Home-made mainboard: Intel Server Board 1200KP
CPU: Intel Pentium D 2x 2.6 GHz RAM: 8GB
I created the boat image with Unetbootin.
love greetings
Jasmine

Hi,

first: Welcome to the IPFire community. :slight_smile:

I’m desperate because every time I start the IPFIRE installation from USB stick it shows me a default screen. The countdown starts at 10 seconds and starts again from the beginning. Endless loop.

This sounds like the bootloader (it has a timeout of 10 seconds as far as I can recall), the loop afterwards indicate problems while loading or unpacking the kernel.

I have downloaded the ISO from Heise.

It’s interesting to see that they mirror our ISOs. :slight_smile:

However, to exclude corrupt ISOs, may I ask you to download it from https://www.ipfire.org/ again, verify the checksum of the downloaded file and create the boot media a second time?

Thanks, and best regards,
Peter Müller

Hello Mr Müller,
thank you for your answer. I am happy to say: I have done it. The installation has been successfully completed. I have a problem with the red zone. How do I configure the red zone with the internet? We have a fritzBox 6591 cable. The ISP in Germany is Vodafon. I still did not understand how to connect or configure ipfire with our FritzBox. If you can explain this to me, I am really grateful.
love greetings
rooki

Hi,

just for the records: What exactly was the problem in your case?

Please refer to the documentation for further information on how to configure IPFire’s RED interface. In case your question was not answered there, the community will be happy to help. :slight_smile:

Thanks, and best regards,
Peter Müller