IpFire on PC, connected to HDMI monitor, need to set overscan parameters, how to?

IpFire on PC, connected to HDMI monitor, need to set overscan parameters, how to? The default video setup on ipfire is setting the bounding rectangle on the main console, to big for my HDMI monitor. I can correct this with explicit overscan parameters to the video subsystem at boot, can I not? Most Linux OS distributions allow for this. So how can it be done on ipfire?

I’ve only been able to correct overscan via settings on the monitor or TV. I would venture to say it is not available via the IPFire distro.

Did you try to change adaptation on your HDMI device?

I don’t see that working… since I have 3 devices connected to the given monitor, and only the ipfire based device is having the issue. So it is definitely something the drivers on ipfire are doing. Is there a way to change the resolution and sync timing? It looks like grub or whatever the pre-OS boot solution ipfire uses, works ok, it is once the OS takes over the video (control) I see the issue.

default IPFire leave the resolution that was set from grub readed from the edid data of the monitor.

did you see only the startup (welcome to grub) or the full kernel selection correctly?

The kernel selection screen appeared correct, but beyond that, see the issue. For example the initial console screen exhibits the overscan. The PC is an older one, that does not do anything significant for video. The maximum resolution is 1280x1024 @60 if I recall right.