IPfire Core 138 issue with login local users

Evening Ipfire community,
Since i’m quite a noobie in the IpFire Administrations, i’d like your help considering my “little” problem here :

I’ve installed an IPfire on my Internet network, i have a separate DC (WIN2016) and some clients to it.
I’ve set two differents network, one for the wan and one for my lan.
I’ve configured the proxy web on local users, and i’ve created some users with pasword.
BUT, When my users tried to connect to the internet world (after Ipfire asked them for login password) it’s “sometimes” not working.
It seems that the Connection works but not with ervery kind of password… i mean i did confiure one user like that :

login usera
passw : azerty1*

this one works.

and an other one
login userb
passw azertyuiop123*

this one doesnt…

so here my question : do you have any idea why? is there any problem since i’m using a french keyboard?
is there any commands to create users in ipfire by commands line? (that might solved the pb maybe…)

Hope u can saved me, i would be sad if i had to change my proxy and start over…

Thx,

Blinkis

Where did you define the passwords?
Internet access through IPFire should be possible without passwords.

hi sorry for the delay,
Of course without passwords it works fine, but that’s not what i need for my comumnity.
I’m defining password here :

Alright, new Update!

It seems that my Ipfire config is wierd, the password size is limited at 8 charaters max.
Which mean that any password set with more than 8, are automatically cuts to 8 charatacters…
Can i change that somewhere? i’d like to have at least a limits at 16.

You’re right!
The local authentification uses the system mechanisms for passwords. The function crypt uses the first 8 chars of the password only.

Any chance we can change that?

There is a chance, someone could write a new crypt function.
But the solution used now is the well established function for Linux passwords. I don’t think it is necessary to change that.

ok Thank you, i will specify this restriction to my users.