IP Address Blacklists

Hello
first I would say, that is the best coming addon for ipfire, that I was waiting for since core86.
Now I’m using it since core153 without major Problems. I integrated some more lists for me, but I will share with you all if you like. I also fixed some things like urls they did not work. One of them is obsolete, cause the service of it exists no more.
I can create lists in most used formats not only cidr for ipfire. So I will share this with you in future. This service runs only for me lokal at the moment. But I will tell you the url if someone has interests. But keep in mind that traffic is limited. Perhaps someone will take my lists and provide them on a more efficient system.
But one thing I do not understand with ipBlacklist for now is:
in source with ‘rate’ . What is the meening of 24? Is this 24 times a day? (every hour)
In WUI dropdown is at slow. What is the diffrence of that three positions(slow,medium,fast)?
In the beginning, I set all to 1, and nevertheless some lists has blocked my ip. For some services I think the update where too often. May someone explain me that especially?

And:
Whats the trick that some lists starts its update? Some lists do never start there update and I dont understand why. They added correctly First listload and iptables load is all correct. All works fine. IPs where blocked and visible in log. The lists are not ever the same and they are changing like other lists. Headers are or not will not make a difference. First line changing also. So I see not what makes the difference that I can make a change too work. Thanks for your help. Friseersources.zip (2,3 KB)

1 Like

This post is a year old and it has been 15 months since Tim FitzGeorge provided an update to this post. I am very interested in this feature. Does anyone have an update?

Please see thread https://community.ipfire.org/t/can-i-help-progress-version2-of-ipblacklist-addon/6998
@helix has submitted a patch for implementing the ipblocklists as a core item and it is being integrated into the wui.

If you want to see more of the communications beyond the end of that thread then you can look through the dev mailing list https://lists.ipfire.org/pipermail/development/ - sort by subject and look for “ipblacklist V2”

1 Like