i have 3 IPFire running and i´m a experienced user but theres one thing that i dont understand.
As i worked on Network i saw suddenly a TP-Link Repeater Device (unfortunately i didnt have one) with a Mac Adress but no IP. Also see it from my other Win PC…
When i Angry IP Scan, the device is not visible there.
I tried everything, restarted PC´s, disabled WLAN, then disconnected step by step everything from my Ipfire and got to the point where i was only connected straight to the port of IPFire with my PC.
The Device stays in Windows Explorer most of the time, sometimes it disappears for 1 minute but then its back again.
So i checked my IPFire for software in Pakfire, deinstalled all (had no dlna service running or so only samba), same behaviour.
First thougt was my wifi pw got hacked, but as i disconnected all, there must be some strange thing going on with my IPFire?
Anyone here who can explain this behaviour?
The Mac Adress of my Network Cards inside IPFire dont match that Device
I have only RED and GREEN Interface on this location, no Powerline adapters, no other things going on.
On my way to troubleshoot where or what this device should be I closed all VPN connections, unplugged all Lan Cables/Devices that goes to Green Interface and connected in last instance only my Thinkpad directly to GREEN Network Card and got the same result.
At the last try i uninstalled all software in pakfire but no success.
Unfortunately i dont know what simulates this devices or if there is real problems going on in my network.
But hey, things going more crazy, i looked again and boom, there is a Samsung-TV now also…Screenshot attached
I have no Samsung TV, i have a Philips PUS75 which also shows up.
And so fast it was there, so fast it is gone now.