Installation stops with loading bootloader

Hello there,
i want to install a ipfire system at my old office PC. It is a intel core i7-4771 3 5ghz lga1150 bis 32 GB DDR3 RAM and a AUSUS Z87 DELUXE with BIOS Version 1802 and a SAMSUNG SSD-drive. I made the Install/boot USB with the new *.171 core ISO with rufus.

The Install proces is ending after partition is made and copy the install files to the ssd at the end point of installing proces will try to install the bootloader but it wont find an end. Did i mus set some bios settings?

best greets, crow!

i found a thread from a person who wasn´t able to install ubuntu on his board:

https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-hardware-18/asus-z87-deluxe-motherboard-4175521037/page2.html

the secure boot option should be the problem, i deleted the old secure boot key´s and put the *…other OS option intstat the windows uefi mod, but nothing changed at the install proces, the install stuck at install boot loader

Try disabling Secure Boot in UEFI settings. I have IPFire installing, without difficulty, in that mode.

You might have the SSD connected to the ASMedia SATA controller. Try connecting it to the Intel controller - the manual for the motherboard should identify the SATA ports that are connected to that controller.

3 Likes

THX! Problem solved!

1 Like