Install addon manually

Hello,
I would finally like to upgrade my system to 64bit. I have 2 addons that are not in the Pakfire database.
In which folder do I have to put them and what is the command to install them via the console.
Thank you for your help
Regards

There is a wiki section on creating an addon and it has a section for how to install the addon for testing it out.

If the addons you have were built by the standard IPFire build process then this installation method should work.

Testing the install, uninstall, update routines and add-on itself

1 Like

@bonnietwin
that’s very well meant of you. i’ve already read the wiki. but to be honest, for me these are just bohemian villages.
the addons I have are available as .ipfire files, which used to be in pakfire a very long time ago.
the wiki didn’t really answer my question as a layman. i have no knowledge of linux and just wanted to know where to put the addon packages and which command(s) to use for the installation.

I fear that this addons was not build for 64bit and so not compatible.

Addons that based on java, ocaml, mysql or php will also not work because this modules are removed because of security concerns.

1 Like

Hello Arne,

You have recognized it very well. It’s the old applejuice addon and the corresponding java which I got from my brother back in the early days of ipfire.
so if it is as you say, i can’t go to 64bit.
I mainly use ipfire as a dlna server.
i know that applejuice is not available as 64bit for linux.

so there is no possibility to switch to 64bit, is that correct?

greetings

I have never used applejuice.

There is a transmission addon.
And I think there MiniDLNA.