Error when building package

Hey guys,

i don’t know if the topic is right in this place. I wanted to get in touch to the IPFire build environment. I wanted to start with something small what i know it worked so I tried to recreate the packages google-authenticator-libpam and libqrencode mentioned in this topic OpenVPN OTP Authentication

I used the following buildfiles:

And the sources from here:

The google-authenticator package works without any problems but the libqrencode package fails everytime with the following error:

+ cd /usr/src/lfs
+ make -f libqrencode LFS_BASEDIR=/usr/src dist
make: *** No rule to make target 'dist'.  Stop.

ERROR: Packaging libqrencode                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          [ FAIL ]
Check /root/ipfire-2.x/log/_build.packages.log for errors if applicable 

The error occurs when building the packages. Building IPFire succeeds without any problems. Building the and installing the package manually in the chroot environment (via parameter shell) works as well. Does anyone have a hint what I’m missing?

Thank you

Greetings

Steffen

Hi Steffen,
this repo provides the building files but not the also needed make.sh entries. Did you entered a line for libqrencode in make.sh ? Can be checked with e.g.:
grep 'libqrencode' log/_build.ipfire.log

As another idea, delete the libqrencode ROOTFILE from */ipfire-2.x/conf/rootfiles/packages and make a clean build e.g.:

rm /conf/rootfiles/packages/libqrencode
./make.sh clean
./make.sh build

the build system will create then the ROOTFILE for libqrencode on his own which you can find after the build has been finished under */ipfire-2.x/log/libqrencode-4.0.0, move it to */ipfire-2.x/conf/rootfiles/packages, comment the unwanted files, delete the ‘+’ from those files which you want (in my case only
usr/bin/qrencode
usr/lib/libqrencode.so.4
usr/lib/libqrencode.so.4.0.0
) , rename the ROOTFILE from libqrencode-4.0.0 to libqrencode. You do not need to build then IPFire again clean, the trick is delete only the libqrencode files from */ipfire-2.x/log (there should then be two since there is also the missing file) and rebuild it again with a
./make.sh build

Did build it with a Core 141 environment but will pull origin/next this weekend and will build it again then.

As a first idea. May this helps.

Best,

Erik

Hey Erik,

yes I added the line in the make.sh. When I create my own ROOTFILE the error occurs as well.

Greetings

Steffen

Hi Steffen,
please check then the ‘dist:’ line and the next one in the libqrencode LFS file. It needs to be exact in this format (with SPACE and TAB).

dist:<SPACE>
<TAB>@$(PAK)

–> https://gitlab.com/ummeegge/google-authenticator-openvpn/-/blob/master/build_files/LFS/libqrencode#L57

May this helps.

Best,

Erik

Hey Erik,

I cheked the file and I seemed to have the space after the dist: during editing. Now everything works fine. Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Greetings

Steffen