i have since 20.05.2020 at 21:05 problems with DynDNS on my IPFire.
That is what i get in my logfile:
Dynamic DNS update for
myname.ddnss.de (DDNSS) threw an unhandled exception: Traceback (most recent call last): File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/ddn s/ init.py”, line 164, in _update entry(force=force) File “/usr/lib/pyt hon3.8/site-packages/ddns/providers.py”, line 158, in call self.update() File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/ddns/providers.py”, line 182, in updat e self.update_protocol(protocol) File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/dd ns/providers.py”, line 648, in update_protocol output = header.getheader(‘dd nss-response’) AttributeError: ‘HTTPMessage’ object has no attribute ‘getheader’
Can anybody help me?
to the Duckdns-problem.
As far as I can see: no solution yet, sorry.
Hmm, that sounds not good, because i changed nothing at my IPFire and suddenly the problem is there.
Whats going on?
I think the problem/bug is already known.
I wanted to post my logfiles, but the system refuses this, because I am a new user and only allowed to post 2 links. So I changed the dots to commas.
The log of ddnss:
Datum / Uhrzeit
Erfolg: Updated 1 host
Erfolg: Updated 1 host
Hope somebody will have a look at this.
This patch work for me.
Thanks to the developer.
Hello Stephan, sorry, but I don’t know, how to install the patch. Can you help me, please?
Reading thru the patch looks like the patch is changing
providers.py. So I searched for
providers.py on the IPFire box and I find it here:
[root@ipfire ~]# find / -iname providers.py
Make a copy of
providers.py incase you make a mistake.
providers.py and search for the line with:
output = header.getheader('ddnss-response').
Near that spot remove three lines. In the patch they begin with
header = response.info()
output = header.getheader('ddnss-response')
And replace with. . .
output = response.getheader('ddnss-response')
Save the edited file.
You may need to reboot the IPFire box for this to take.
Hello Jon and Stephan,
thank you very much, this seems to work. There were ten updates every five minutes this morning and then it stopped. For whatever reason this ten updates were made, this is ok.
I have to modify my comment.
I have still an issue: I get the message
DDNSUdateError: The Update could not be performed
OK works again, I had two wait two hours with Dyndns deactivated.