Dual AP 2x blue?

Hello and I’ll ask:
Has anyone solved 2x wlan card on blue network.
(to be able to have two APs , 2.4 and 5 Ghz simultaneously ) ?
Respectively do you recommend for usb wlan with copne wider bandwidth rent N ? AX ? is it tested with Ipfire in AP mode ?
( I’m currently running a TL-WN722N )

I apologize for the quality of the text I write through a translator

From my understanding you can only have one wireless card on the blue nic.

I have external AP’s that are connected to IPFire via ethernet cables and have both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands available.

1 Like

I was thinking to add a second card to the first eth card on blue and set up a bridge ? But so far no luck.

I apologize for the quality of the text I write through a translator

Don’t worry about it. The translator is doing a good enough job and we can always ask questions if we are not sure.

I believe the bridging should be able to work ( although i could also be wrong) but the wlanap code for the wui page is written on the basis of only one card and one set of frequencies.

I am not familiar enough with the use of an internal wifi card to be able to give any suggestions of potential approaches.
I have always used external AP’s.

Maybe someone like @arne_f can give better input.

2 Likes

It should be possible to operate two separate instances of hostapd using the same Wi-Fi card, each configured with a distinct configuration file. While I have researched this topic previously, I haven’t had the chance to test the method myself.

hostapd /etc/hostapd/hostapd-2.4GHz.conf
hostapd /etc/hostapd/hostapd-5GHz.conf

The best way is to use a specific access point connected to the wired interface bound to the BLUE zone. However, you can run two instances of hostapd using the same wireless interface.

Thanks for the answers
I will solve it with a switch to blue external AP 2.4 and 5 Ghz

It’s probably the easiest.

2 Likes

That presumes that you can get a minpcie wifi card that has both 2.4 and 5 GHz capability.

Is that the case? For my original answer I had tried to search for a card with both and didn’t find one but that is not a hard conclusion that they don’t exist.

PC Engines wle600vx product file with PC Engines antsmadb product file

1 Like