DDNS enabled automatically after being disabled

It would be better to add programs to these directories:

/etc/fcron.cyclic
/etc/fcron.daily
/etc/fcron.hourly
/etc/fcron.minutely
/etc/fcron.monthly
/etc/fcron.weekly

fcrontab might be updated during a core update. The above directories won’t be updated.

See: My fcrontab file has been replaced by a new one - #11 by jon

1 Like

Thank you for suggestion.

I’ll certainly look at this. Historically have edited root.orig and run fcrontab -z
I’m sort of used to CU updates removing menus and breaking my programs with updated IPFire software, one of the downfalls in using your own firewall application.

Rob

1 Like

@helix , if you have programs broken by a CU, they are either not integrated in the general structure of IPFire or are essential programs possibly interesting for other users also.
In latter case you are invited to contribute to the development.

BTW: Most lost programs or features on my system are corrections or extensions I didn’t save somewhere or contribute to the Git data base. But that is my own fault, not the problem of the IPFire system and community.

I am more than happy to share my programs with all and it would be nice to have them integrated into IPFire but I don’t think there is much interest in them. For instance I didn’t get much feedback after I uploaded my Banish addon:

https://lists.ipfire.org/pipermail/development/2022-May/013530.html

so I guess it is of little interest to others. Incidently I have now added an extension to Banish to block on ASNs and I will upload that to IPFire shortly. Maybe now that ipblocklist is incorporated into IPFire there may be more interest.

Rob

3 Likes