CU 170 testing : list of services is not complete in the WebGUI > Status > Services

@bonnietwin Thx for your support. I solved it on the base of your information ref. meta-guardian.

What I did:

1. rename /opt/pakfire/db/meta/meta-guardian to /opt/pakfire/db/meta/old_meta-guardian
  2. uninstall guardian
  3. Now the file /opt/pakfire/db/meta/meta-guardian shows exact the same lines and Sig as in your post. (Though guardian is not installed no more)
  4. Install guardian again - now status is shown in the services status page

For me it seems to be ok now. Hope that helps to find the error for the moment.

6 Likes

Hi @waynetsun
That is great to hear that you found a solution to make it update the meta file.

@steph78630 could you try the approach that @waynetsun used.

Hi @arne_f , when the lfs addon files were changed to include the Summary and Services lines those addons were not shipped by increasing the PAK_VER number. Some packages have been updated in the meantime and those will therefore have the updated entries.

I will look at doing a patch for CU171 to update all addon PAK_VER numbers to force them to be re-shipped, which will then ensure that all have the Summary and Services lines in their meta data files.

6 Likes

@steph78630 could you try the approach that @waynetsun used.

Yes @bonnietwin , I just did it and it works for the 2 addons I tried (guardian and netsnmpd)

Bravo @waynetsun ! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I Installed the update to c170 and noticed that cpufreq shows as a stopped service.
Does cpufreq really run as a service … with a PID? I seem to be getting proper behavior from cpufreq-info and cpufreq_set.
I was surprised to see this item showing on the services.cgi page.

[Edit] It seems there is a cpufreq script in /etc/init.d/
However it has only one command, start

cd /etc/init.d/
[root@ipfire init.d]# ./cpufreq
Usage: ./cpufreq {start}

–cab

3 posts were split to a new topic: The alsa service always shows as stopped