Core Update 185

I am not answering for @mpyusko , but just wanted to add some detail since I just went through this. Upgrading from 182 only gives the option to go to 183. Once you are on 183, you can upgrade straight to 185. At least that is how Pakfire presented it to me when I started upgrading from 182.

1 Like

That is correct because the major version changed from 2.27 to 2.29 at Core Update

All the files for a single major version are key in the same directory.

So an upgrade that started with CU182 or earlier would get up to CU183 as CU183 was the first CU with the new major version of 2.29.

Upgrades after that would start with major version 2.29 and pakfire would then go to the 2.29 directory on the mirrors and would then update with all 2.29 CU’s thst were available.

If each Core Update was implemented as it was released then you would not see this effect

2 Likes

I upgraded both from 184 to 185

/lib/modules/6.6.15-ipfire/ exists on both
lib/modules/6.1.6-ipfire/ does not exist on either

custom service objects, like “smb - tcp” on port 445. (I is not included as a default service… iptables was throwing errors loading.

Hi,
I’ve upgraded from 184 to 185 two instances inside two proxmox ve servers. One of them never ends the upgrade from webui, so I’ve updated from terminal without any problem, but I’m facing another difficulty.
In both configurations I use the terminal to temporary allow webui access from red interface with iptables -A CUSTOMINPUT -p tcp --dport 444 -j ACCEPT as stated in Hetzner Cloud guide to make firewall configurations and later close it.
Unfortunately, since update I’m no longer able to access WebUI from red interface even with such a command. I have tried several times, restarted apache, restarted VM, downgraded (from snapshot) and updated again and I always end with blocked access from outside green network. This has stopped me from upgrading my instances, so they are still running 184.

Anyone can help? Is there any reason for such a change?

Thx in advance

This might happen because you need to reboot to launch the new kernel.

1 Like

We have never released a stable version with kernel 6.1.6 (it is between core172 and 173)

If the WebGUI show that it need a reboot it need one to have matching modules for the running kernel. If this not match many firewall modules cannot loaded anymore.

1 Like