Core 168 (testing) Working

The upgrade on armv6l architecture worked (bananapi), but does have one minor issue that interim file /boot/initramfs-5.15.35-ipfire.img is not removed and might need to be deleted manually prior to the next core upgrade.

Upgrade on x86_64 went smoothly.

I don’t have significant addons to test on these systems

Hi,

thank you very much for the speedy testing and reporting. Excellent!

Good to know Core Update 168 is not breaking stuff completely. :upside_down_face:

With regards to the leftover file, there was no kernel update in this update due to size reasons. Therefore, files related to kernel 5.15.35 are still needed - or did I misunderstood you?

Thanks, and best regards,
Peter Müller

When I have upgraded recently, it always upgrades from the previous core, not from the current core. So the upgrade from core 166 to core 167 got repeated, before upgrading to core 168. I think the file /boot/initramfs-5.15.35-ipfire.img got held over from the first upgrade.

There was a message, in WUI, indicating that a reboot was required. That probably also got generated from the first upgrade.

Hi,

um, I still believe this file is necessary in Core Update 168 as well, but will double-check later.

No, a reboot is necessary for Core Update 168 as well due to the 3rd party firmware updates in it.

Peter Müller

Rodney,

In the GUI im still showing

IPFire 2.27 (x86_64) - Core Update 167 Development Build: master/c22d834c 

but under pakfire it shows

System Status: 
Core-Update-Level: 168

does yours show the same or does it actually show 168 on everything else?

System Info here says the 167 also

1 Like

Yes - all my reports are the same as yours.

My bananapi (armv6l) was installed as core 166 and upgraded to 167 via Arne’s additional testing release for that architecture.

OTOH, my x86_64 also shows the same for all reports, yet that has been continuously upgraded over many releases. On it, the /boot/grub/grub.cfg also reports:

IPFire 2.27 (x86_64) - Core Update 167 Development Build: master/c22d834c

but it is booting the correct kernel, so that is a minor issue.

Hi,

yes, this is because silly me forgot to include some files to the update which carry the version information. No functional problem, but makes Core Update 168 being currently displayed as 167.

Since I will have to work on this update either way due to another CPU microcode release by Intel (as usual, we don’t know what happened there, but hey :expressionless: ), this will be fixed shortly.

Peter Müller

1 Like