Core 138 - Issues?

Ok, so after trying to find a solution from posts on here and elsewhere including bugzilla, I created an account to hopefully find some assistance. I am not sure if I somehow missed something or I found some bugs. Below are outlined the 2 issues I have found.

First - The box I am trying to setup for ipfire is running AMD Ryzen 7 2700X with 16GB ram. My network cards are all functional with Red,Orange,Green, and Blue. However, I have not gotten to setting up the wireless AP yet because of 1 of My issues.

Problem #1 - Not show stopping but in the web interface when you select ‘Status -> System’ which is calling system.cgi, the second graph area says - ’ The image “https://192.168.2.19:444/cgi-bin/system.cgi?cpufreq?day” cannot be displayed because it contains errors’

Problem #2 - When you go to the ‘IPFire -> Pakfire’ screen, other than Displaying : |System Status:||
| — | — |
|Core-Update-Level: 138Last update made 45d 16h 6m 38s ago.
Last server list update made 18260d 22h 21m 57s ago.
Last core list update made 18260d 22h 21m 57s ago.
Last packages list update made 18260d 22h 21m 57s ago.|

There is nothing populated. When you hit the ‘Refresh List’ Button, It Doesn’t populate and the log shows -

Log -( replaced fqdn references to pakfireipfireorg with “pio” due to the system thinking they are links)

• Dec 30 17:27:13 gatekeeper pakfire: PAKFIRE INFO: IPFire Pakfire 2.23-x86_64 started!
  • Dec 30 17:27:13 gatekeeper pakfire: DOWNLOAD STARTED: 2.23-x86_64/lists/server-list.db
  • Dec 30 17:27:13 gatekeeper pakfire: DOWNLOAD INFO: Host:’ pio’ (HTTP) - File: 2.23-x86_64/lists/server-list.db
  • Dec 30 17:27:13 gatekeeper unbound: [3339:d] info: validation failure pio. A IN
  • Dec 30 17:27:13 gatekeeper pakfire: DOWNLOAD INFO: 2.23-x86_64/lists/server-list.db has size of bytes
  • Dec 30 17:27:13 gatekeeper pakfire: DOWNLOAD INFO: HTTP-Status-Code: 500 - 500 Can’t connect to pio:80 (Bad hostname ‘pio’)
  • Dec 30 17:27:13 gatekeeper pakfire: Giving up: There was no chance to get the file 2.23-x86_64/lists/server-list.db from any available server. There was an error on the way. Please fix it.

Any Help, Suggestions, Etc. Appreciated

Hi, is the systemtime correct?

Is DNS working?

Yes the time and date are correct.

I decided to look further from your DNS question. I entered DNS Servers during installation (1111 and 8888) and when you look at the gui under System->Home it says ‘loccal recursor’ but when you click the ‘DNS Servers’ Link it brings up the Net Traffic Graph Page showing both of them under the DNSSEC section.

However, when i looked at /etc/resolv.conf the only nameserver entry was 127.0.0.1 . I edited the file and added the nameservers then pakfire populated the available addons - which is good. But before I edited the file the gui showed 1111 status as DNSSEC supported and after editing it changed it to DNSSEC Not supported - wtf ?

But, why was /etc/resolv.conf wrong and somehow the gui knew about them ?!?

my resolv.conf is set to 127.0.0.1 and all works A-OK.

[root@ipfire ~]# cat /etc/resolv.conf
search localdomain
nameserver 127.0.0.1

So I’d guess DNS is set somewhere else (sorry I’m not skilled enough to help and know where).

EDIT: IPFire (old) Forum - DNS server used by ipfire

You appear to have a faulty installation plus are using a very fast CPU. Unbound can fail to locate the public DNS servers quickly on a very busy Internet.

You could try re-installing, during quiet Internet traffic period in your locality.

1 Like